Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I do not believe the offering various therapies to heal autism

How I do believe with the various therapy offering. I was doing therapy for my child who has autism syndrome. Therapy was offered by two doctors when my son was three years old. I made this therapy at a ‘special mother and child hospital’ in Indonesia. Therapy was held for six months. even the doctors had offered me a kind of sedative to calm my child that tends to hyperactive. However, I did not give the sedative to my child.
How can a disease that does not know the cause treated.
According to me, they are the experts have to find the causes of the occurrence of autism first, and then provide a new drug or therapy. During this time I follow the developments on the autism case, as related to what happens to my child. But no one that can be concluded what the cause of the autism syndrome. There are many opinions that autism syndrome caused by the descent, the other said, because the damage from the mercury substances found in foods that are eaten by the pregnant mother. But all of that can not be evidenced. Then how should I trust the opinion that it basically does not has evidence?
When my wife pregnant, we go to a doctor every week to check-up the baby in the womb. All seem ok. There was no shortage of any kind. Until birth, the child we never separated from the supervision of a doctor. But what happens, my child was punished has autism syndrome.
I only hope that in some day there is an announcement about the causes and the syndrome autism that experts know how to improve the children who have got autism.